Pages

Monday 25 October 2010

Au Petit Grec..a petit piece of food heaven

Ask any ex pat to list their favourite places to eat in Paris and they'll definately mention Au Petit Grec.When I first arrived in Paris I heard it name dropped dozens of times and it is on all of my friends iteneray lists for their visitors. After months of hearing "oh my god you HAVE to go there", I eventually went down there with some work friends to see what all the fuss was about.

Au Petit Grec is a little place in the latin quater on Rue Mouffetard, which serves the most amazing gallettes (savoury crepes) and crepes in Paris. No matter what time of day it is, you will always see a queue there and believe me it is worth the wait.

You can create your own or choose from a variety of their own menu suggestions. Made from scratch with fresh ingredients which vary from fresh salad and veg cheese, tuna, ham, bacon, egg, to the sweeter nutella, cream and sugar, the portions are HUGE and it usually takes a while to savour all of it, if you can manage it.

As I always go for nutella normally, so my first order I opted for a vegetarian savoury gallette. It was yummy, delcious, scrumptious..and any other synonym you can think of to describe something that tasted really good. Normally I am sceptical when it comes to hype, but in this case, it was true. To top it all off, it is really cheap there too! Prices vary from 3 to 6 euros, depending on how many ingredients you have.



Blissfully happy with my crepe!

A few days later, I took my boyfriend, a self confessed food lover, to try one.I can definately see why Au Petit Grec is on the top of everybody's list of places to take people; the look of satisfaction peoples faces after they take their first bite feels almost as good as tasting your own!  You feel smug in knowing that you've discovered this quaint little place and know that whoever you take is going to spread the word too...


The look of happiness and excitement that
 only a first time goe-er to the Petit Grec will experience

Yummy goodness!

Needless to say my boyfriend loved the experience, so much that he almost bought another one straight away. I was relieved he didn't as I would have ended up doing the same!




Au Petit Grec
66, Rue Mouffetard, 75005 Paris  
Metro: Place Monge, Ligne 7

No comments:

Post a Comment