Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Montmartre, je t'aime

Ever since I first saw Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulain back in A level French class, I always dreamed of living in Montmartre; spinning around on the beautiful carousel at the bottom of the Sacre Coeur, shopping at quaint village markets on a Sunday, running around flirtatiously and generally living a pretty, nostalgic French existence, whilst Yann Tiersen music played in the background.

Luckily for me, that dream has become a reality. Well almost....I live in the 17th arrondisement, which is the one next door to Montmartre....and the Yann Tieresen music doesn't actually play in the background  - although I have been known to put it on my ipod whilst I walk through the streets of Paris to get to work.

That aside, I live only ten minutes from the Moulin Rouge (not quite a romantic Ewan McGregor-esque setting at 5 am on a Saturday morning!). and the infamous Cafe de 2 Moulins and the iconic Sacre Coeur, has become an every day fixture on my way to work. This is the beautiful view I am greeted with every morning when I step out the front door:


The Sacre Coeur;  view from my street.

It makes the routine journey to work just that little bit more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment